I have a very neat mind. Everything gets compartmentalized in it. Every thought is processed carefully and consciously. It uses basic formulas to calculate the output. These formulas are based only on facts. Nothing is abstract. The output, my thoughts and decisions, is hence sound and simple derived from pure logic. I have lived with this mind for 25 years now. I have a sneaky feeling that it’s started malfunctioning.
The calculator in my mind is fairly simple. It does not use any formula with functions of heart. I let my heart do what its good at: pumping blood. With heart problems being so common in people these days, it’s best not to exert it unnecessarily. Also I strongly believe in the concept of comparative advantage. Everything should do what it is good at. This is the most optimal use of resources and leads to pareto efficient point of being. The job of the heart is to pump blood, it should do just that. The job of the mind is to think and analyze, it should do just that. And with the mind sans any pumping mechanism, the situation becomes really complicated when the heart starts thinking. It leads to inefficiency and sometimes even complete breakdown of the system. Now I would definitely not want to run my life like the economy of some country...
I believe it has been established beyond all doubt that 'Every man (thing) to his (its) job' is the philosophy of an optimal life. I would like to point out that this works best with laissez-faire. But I had forgotten to factor in the externalities....
This misassumption in the design of the mental calculator has led to slight complications and malfunctioning. Now the heart is being overworked as its doing its own job as well as doing some of the thinking for the mind. The heart has started calling the thoughts feelings. So now we have a jargon problem too. And as the mental calculator is getting data from the mind as well as the heart, its confused as to which statistics to pick for final output. The result is getting messier by the day and unless some higher intervention is introduced it might lead to system failure.
What is important at this point of time is to remove the externality. It is a temporary solution I know, but it will buy me time to redesign and get back previously prevailing sanity.
2 comments:
"Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the (wo)man who has rationalized his emotions..."
When it comes to affairs of love and hurt, you have to wait for your heart to learn what your head already knows, then You can break free
Post a Comment